Move-Ed

08 July 2011
Sorry that I haven't written for a very long time. A lot has been going on and I haven't had the desire to write much. Nevertheless, here is a quick update with a chance of a longer one later. I'm not keeping any promises...

I have moved on to a whole new part of my life. I was admitted in Mount Sinai School of Medicine's MD/PhD program! I moved up to New York last Friday and I have almost completed my first official week of school. I'll be in the city at least for the next 8 years. So far, I'm loving it here and I'm loving school. Everything that is currently happening to me is exactly what I want and need. Life is good right now.

Here are some keywords to describe my adventures in New York: apoptosis, programmed necrosis, Central Park, site-seeing, TNF, U-Haul, NYPD, food, DNA fragmentation, parents, and fireflies.

4 comments:

MoHoHawaii said...

Hey! Congratulations! You've been working toward this for a long time.

Do you have a place to live yet? I recommend the Astoria neighborhood of Queens (near Astoria Park), which has good transportation options to the Upper East Side. It's also an up and coming gay neighborhood, and housing prices there are more reasonable than Manhattan.

Beck said...

So good to see you settled into Med school! A long goal achieved! This is so exciting, and to be in NYC as well. I love that place - mainly just wandering the streets building-gawking and people-watching.

Enjoy and please write about how med school is going now that you're actually there. Is it a let-down? Or is it all you hoped it would be?

Best wishes, my friend.

Ben said...

Sounds like the pieces are falling nicely into place. :)

ControllerOne said...

Congratulations for sure. Don't fret over not writing. Hopefully you blog for pleasure not out of obligation.

I'm very excited for you. There really our so few times in our lives where we enter a completely new world. Enjoy it to the fullest.